Thursday, July 23, 2009

So I wish I had a geiger counter to show the people whose faces were pressed against the glass at this display, just how much radiation they were getting from it. It might have freaked some of them out. This was at the American History Museum, so I'm not sure if they consulted any doctors or physicists before putting this stuff 6 inches behind some plexiglass for millions of people a year to look at, ...but I was OK with it. If Los Alamos gave it to them, they probably did so with at least some confidence that nobody would die.



Cold Fusion! Rock On! ...if only it were that easy. Look how small we could have made the engines for our nuclear submarines!


So yeah, I'm a physics geek, but its awesome that my kids were able to climb all over a particle accelerator... Hopefully there was no residual raditation...



Wesley doesn't understand the idea of a vehicle with no driver capable of finishing a race course, but he was willing to stand in front of one to take a picture.

Good times.

1 comment:

mattbeatty said...

Great stuff. I love physics as well, but definitely need to take some courses, some refreshers.

In another life I'd have majored in physics and astronomy and would have been working for NASA.