Monday, July 13, 2009





Here is the boats display of the American History Museum. Talk about a recent fantasy that has really made a permanent mark on my brain...

Back in the day, some member of the church whose name I forgot was assigned to manage the funds to get Saints over to America from England. He wasted a lot of the money trying to start a shipping company, doing things like buying an office, hiring an accountant, etc. But he failed, and later went apostate (I think he came back). Too bad he didn't just baptize some boat builders and get a Mormon Fleet built up from scratch. That would have maybe been the wrong choice too, but I would have at least tried to baptize some boat builders, and gone from there.

What an amazing age we live in where a silly goofball like me actually feels somewhat confident that it could have been done. We now have the chance to learn how to build boats, speak crazy languages, and paint, and bind books, and learn the intricacies of Geology, play around on Google Earth, and DO SO MANY AWESOME THINGS. I can't even say how grateful I am to be alive in this day and age.

But those days would have rocked too. I hope that in a heartbeat I would have faced the challenges of getting something like that together, and, who knows maybe the boat building idea would have worked. With God, all things are possible. I personally think the only reason that guy failed was because his faith was weak, as manifested by his falling away.

Anyhow, I can only show that I am willing to do what the Lord needs me to do by giving my all to the tasks at hand, aside from my personal fantasies. I need to be a better missionary to the friends that I love, both here and at Ave. I hope that my influence with the JRCLS can help it to accomplish great things.

No comments: