Thursday, June 04, 2009



So for lunch today I walked down to look at some apartments, and on the way back I stopped by the George Washington Masonic Memorial, which is supposed to be designed after the lighthouse of Alexandria, Egypt. Pretty sweet. I didn't make the connection with the city I work in and that city until now. Anyhow, it was a cool memorial. But its sad that the bushes are symoblically overgrowing the really profound words of Washington. Ivy is creeping over his signature so that soon he will no longer be distinguishable except as a face on a bill and a wall, a memory of an honorable past rather than guidance for a wayward present.



Let prejudices and local interests yeild to reason. Let us look to our national character, and to things beyond the present period.

1 comment:

mattbeatty said...

Very interesting stuff here. Glad you get to explore such great places, and that you think with such profundity. I miss you Art!

And hey, I didn't know you were such an Iron and Wine fan! Good to see you know wonderful music. Amy and I saw him in late November 07, at Saltair during a heavy snowfall. It was fitting and amazing. He's playing again in August for free in SLC! Very excited for that.

Art your life makes me happy. Say hi to all for me.