Saturday, August 13, 2011


Well, I got a job that is going to involve a lot of driving through the Oklahoma/Kansas countryside, looking at ancient records of various mineral rights, which will hopefully help me start paying student loans while I wait to apply to the Air Force JAG. Anyhow, I needed something to get me all over, and I chose the more dangerous route, a motorcycle. I was going to get a 1983 Camry for like 800 bucks, but I figured if I pay a bit more and buy a fairly new motorcycle, I'll not only get better gas mileage, I'll also avoid a couple of repairs. Not that you don't have to fix motorcycles, and a Toyota will last for a long time, but when choosing between a motorcycle with a few thousand miles and a Toyota with a few hundred thousand miles, the former seemed more logical.

Now I just need to exercise more caution than I've ever done before. 



No comments: