Monday, April 26, 2010

Well, God answers prayers. Eli has been even more consistent than me in asking Heavenly Father to provide us with a job, and, sure enough, after I thought there was no possible way, I get two choices. First, a dream opportunity to work at BYU law school helping to rewrite a treatise on religious freedom and relevant law. Second, a federal clerkship at the district court. CRAP!! I'm clinging to the hope that I can still do both, but either way, I feel so blessed by a loving Father. I was not seeking the clerkship, I didn't even know about it, but a professor recommended me for it and then tracked me down to tell me. Talk about divine intervention. And I feel so much more confident about the Loyola interviews this summer.
Anyhow, whatever happens, all I really want is to take Eli, Wesley and Eva to Zion NP, and do some fun hiking. Maybe the San Rafael as well. I can hardly wait, although the drive is going to stink.

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

WHAT!? SO are you guys moving back? I'm so excited for you guys. You have one amazing family. Please lets us do some hikes with you!!!!

mattbeatty said...

Awesome. I hope you get the BYU gig. It would amazing to have you back in town. Zion and the Swell (and many other named and unnamed places) are calling.